Friday 3 April 2020

Day 2

Here I am at the end of the second day of self isolation and not getting nearly as much weaving done as I would have expected.  The rose tea towel is finished and when the bobbin ran out on the hem of the next one, I decided that was enough for one day.

I did achieve one task - I washed all my work jackets and put them away in the cupboard, and put all the makeup away in the bathroom drawer.  The new normal doesn't include formal jackets or makeup every day.

I look out over a park and on the far side is a creek and a walking track.  As we're still allowed out to exercise and it was a beautiful autumn day, I went to check out the creek, here's what I saw while I was out.  I started on the bike path, 



With the creek on the other side


Further up it opens out to a very small lake.  There are usually lots of ducks and moorhens but not so many today.  When I got home I saw in the paper that they had found some dead fish there this morning but there was no sign of them when I was there, probably explains the lack of birds


One of my favourite parts is this small bridge, and the bike riders tend not to go along this track so it's much quieter


On the other side of the bridge there's a very nice patch of bull rushes - I could make some rustic baskets from them although I'm sure I'm not allowed to pick them


At the end of the track, there's another small lake with quite a few ducks, maybe they'd come here because it was cleaner


I managed to get more knitting done and realised that I'm already close to the end of the body.  I do hope that I've got the right size double pointed needles in the stash to finish the sleeves.

When people started stock piling a few weeks back, I decided to plant more lettuce seedlings.  I'm now congratulating myself for this and here's a small basket of fresh (organic) produce from the garden. 



Enough leaves for a salad, the last of the tomatoes and some figs, at least I won't get scurvy.  The fig crop is great this year and the rainbow lorikeets are having a wonderful fig party.  They're welcome to the ones on the top of the tree, just wish they'd leave the ones on the lower branches for me

That's it for today

Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment