Saturday 4 April 2020

A more productive day


I might be getting used to not rushing off to work although today seemed like a waste of a good Saturday - all the things I feel that I miss out on by working til 2 on Saturday were closed, so I wasn't able to do them anyway.  It may only take a few more days before I give up even trying to work out what day it is.  Every day is feeling like a Sunday, it's the only day I'm home all day.

I managed to do my hip exercises and got a walk in, between showers.  With a lot of rain overnight, I wanted to see how much the creek had risen so I went downstream today. Yesterday was the upstream view. There are several bridges, possibly very loosely inspired by Monet,


but it’s very hard to get a good photo of them. 

If you look very carefully,



I live on the other side of the creek and across the field.


In the middle of summer this part is quite dry


but today it was almost ready for a little white water rafting and there were lots of people and their dogs checking it out.


I've made a little progress on the next tea towel, Nassau Blue this time.


I'm getting the hang of the treadling, not enough to do it without checking each few picks, but enough to know when I've made a mistake.

Way back in 1964 or 65, I bought new bathers that came with an excellent headband, just the thing to keep my hair out of the way when I wash my face,  The bathers are long gone, not surprisingly, but the head band, used every day, is beginning to wear out.  Things just don't last these days.  I saw a pattern for jersey headbands recently and decided, reluctantly, that it was probably time to pension off the 1964/5 model.  I now have 2 new headbands, took all of 15 minutes to make, I wonder what took me so long

The knitted cardigan is progressing well, have just started the last blue stripe, then another 6 cm and the band. That will just leave the sleeves, haven't checked for the right needles yet

That's it for today

Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment