The start of a new year is always a good time to take stock. Here’s the tea towel stock,
I even checked the numbers from 2017 and 2016 and found that I made 23 in 2017 and 18 in 2016. I know there’s a message there, quite simply, make more tea towels. They sell easily and my friends who are on the Christmas tea towel list, have started to ask, hopefully, if there will be tea towels this year.
I have 5 or 6 left on the broken twill blocks warp, the pale pink one looks particularly nice
I decided I wanted to weave some more Bumberet tea towels but in more neutral colours. I even found the black and white setting on the software so that I could compare value.
Here’s what I started with
Here’s the black and white version
And here’s the warp
I used the values to make a plan for the main colours – black, light grey, taupe, dark grey and white, and back to black again – and, as Bumberet needs groups of 9 ends, warped 2 of the main colour and one, randomly chosen, accent colour. After a few repeats, I added the terracotta/pink because I felt it worked. Hopefully by the next post I will be able to show whether it worked – or didn’t
I also made around 17 scarves and probably sold or gifted much the same number. Here's just 2 of them
I made a coat for the Sheep Show
I am still working on the white runners, I suspect there are a couple of mistakes in the one I’m doing at the moment and hope there is still enough warp to start again.
Next week, I’m off to the Guild Summer School to do a workshop in Weaving Iridescence. Here’s the warp,
In my spare time I’m back at work though not working too hard as everyone seems to have gone to their beach houses for the Summer, and trying to convert the jungle that is currently where my back garden should be, back into garden